These tasty soft and chewy with a little bit of crispiness at the edges, gooey rich dark chocolate chips , and the crunchy salty nutty pistachios are lovely cookies to eat.
Makes 16 large cookies
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp filtered water
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 1 1/2 cups xylitol (or coconut sugar, regular cane sugar can be used too if you prefer that)
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and filtered water. Set aside in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, coconut oil and cashew butter with sugar and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and flax mixture until well combined. Add the matcha, baking soda and salt then the flour, a cup at a time, mixing between each addition, until well combined. Mix in the chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To Form the cookies take about a 1 1/2 inch chunk of dough, form into a ball and on prepared cookie sheets a couple inches apart, and press down just slightly. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until puffed and just starting to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool on the pan a few minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and let cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying.
This recipe is made by Amy Lyons from Fragrant Vanilla Cake
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Snack Recipes with Matcha" that can be downloaded here.