Start your morning with this matcha Oatmeal for a healthy and delicious breakfast treat!
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp high-quality matcha powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- fruit of choice to top (I chose banana, kiwi, grapes and shredded coconut)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds to top
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a pot. Add the oats and pinch of salt, reduce heat to low and cover and let simmer for 12-15 minutes. (*May vary depending on your oats, check your packaging for directions)
- Once the oats are cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the almond milk, vanilla extract, matcha powder, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Divide into two bowls or jar and top with fresh fruit and hemp seeds.
This recipe is made by Jess from Choosing Chia
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Vegan Recipes with Matcha" that can be downloaded here.