Try this very refreshing, creamy, minty and healthier shamrock shake good for you to start your day. Always remember, a matcha a day keeps you healthier everyday.
Servings: 2 shakes
- 1 14-ounce can light or full fat* coconut milk frozen into ice cubes
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp peppermint flavor / extract (or sub 1-2 drops peppermint oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 3 -4 Tbsp coconut cream* (for creaminess)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (or more light coconut milk)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (or substevia or agave nectar to taste)
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach (frozen for colder shake | organic when possible ) (optional)
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs, for serving (optional)
- To make coconut ice cubes, pour a can of well-shaken light or full fat coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze until firm - 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Once frozen, put the coconut "ice" cubes into a blender, along with peppermint extract, vanilla extract, fresh mint, matcha powder (optional), coconut cream, lesser amount of almond milk (1/2 cup or 120 ml as original recipe is written), maple syrup, and spinach
(optional). Blend on high, scraping down sides as needed, until creamy and smooth.
- If too thick, thin with a bit more almond milk. If too thin, add a little ice. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more peppermint extract for minty flavor, spinach for green color, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Divide between two serving glasses and garnish with fresh mint and cacao nibs (optional). Coconut whipped cream would also be a lovely topping!
- Best when fresh. Leftovers still keep in the freezer (covered) up to 5 days.
This recipe is from the Minimalist Baker
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Drinks with Matcha" that can be downloaded here.