This irresistible matcha tiramisu is creamy, rich, and bursting with bold matcha flavor.
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Pastry Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Dried Fruit/Mixed Peel mix
- 3/4 cup Hot Water
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Whisky, optional
- 1 3/4 cup Raw Cashews (no need to soak)
- 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Seeds of 1 Vanilla Bean Pod
- 3/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder + 1/3 Cup Hot Water, mixed and left to cool
- matcha powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 8x6 inch cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Whisk Soy Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar in a bowl set aside for 5 minutes to curdle. Sieve the Pastry Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and matcha powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk Vegan Butter, Sugar and Salt till light and fluffy, about a minute. Whisk in the Vanilla Extract.
- Alternate whisking in the Soy Milk mixture and dry ingredients, starting with 1/3 of the dry and ending with the last third of the dry mixture.
- Spread mixture out onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. It's okay if you over bake it slightly, it doesn't make a difference.
- Meanwhile, prepare Soaking Syrup. Mix matcha powder, Hot Water and Sugar together till the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- To prepare the Vegan Mascarpone Filling, in a high speed blender, combine Cashews, Agave, Coconut Oil, Salt, Vanilla and Soy Milk. Blend thoroughly until smooth and silky.
- Divide mixture into half. For Vanilla Cream, use first half of mixture and thoroughly whisk in extra 1/4 cup Soy Milk and 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil. Set aside.
- For Matcha Cream, blend second half of Mascarpone mixture with your cooled Matcha/Hot Water mixture.
- To assemble, have ready a tiramisu dish or individual ramekins/glasses. Cut a piece of sheet cake to fit the bottom of your ramekin or glass. Dip in Soaking Syrup for just a second or two and place into the bottom of your vessel.
- Top with a layer of Vanilla Cream and dust with Matcha Powder. At this point, freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the freezer, top with a layer of Matcha Cream. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Repeat process once more - Soaked Cake, Vanilla Cream and Matcha Cream - freezing cream layers for 10 minutes before continuing.
- Once complete, dust the tops of you Tiramisu with matcha powder and leave in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours to firm up before eating.
This recipe is made by Amrita Bala from Crazy Vegan Kitchen
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Gluten-Free Recipes with Matcha" that can be downloaded here.