This great mint chip has an earthy flavor thanks with the matcha which is perfect for not just midnight snack but also gives a wonderful vibes in gatherings.
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 6-8 hours, then drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To make the crust: Combine the almonds, dates, and cacao powder in a food processor. Process until the ingredients are finely chopped and take the consistency of a dough. Press the crust mixture into a parchment-lined square baking dish.
- To make the filling: Combine the cashews, coconut oil, water, maple syrup, matcha powder, and peppermint extract in a food processor or high speed blender. Process until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. (You may need to add more water a tablespoon at a time.)
- Pour the cashew mixture onto the crust, spreading it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips, gently pressing them into the cashew layer so they stick.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and freeze for about 8 hours, or until frozen solid. Let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving; remove the bars from the dish by pulling them out by the parchment lining, then transfer to a cutting board and slice into
Leftover bars can be individually wrapped in plastic, placed in a freezer bag, and frozen for up to 2 months.
This recipe is made by Kiersten from Hello Veggie
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Dessert Recipes with Matcha" that can be downloaded here.