Ohhhh, yeah. It’s not only beautiful, but also delicious. The perfect dessert for hosting or bringing along to parties.
For the Crust:
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water for 3 hours or soaked in very hot water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
To Make the Crust:
- Put the dates, hazelnuts, and salt in a food processor and grind until you get a sticky dough-like consistency. Don't over-process though, make sure you retain some texture.
- Line a cake mold with parchment paper ( 6-inch diameter round mold with release works well).
- Lay the crust mix on the bottom of the mold and press with your hand to make it firm.
To Make the Filling:
- Save the matcha green tea for later and put all the other filling ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer half of the filling to a separate container & mix in the matcha powder thoroughly.
- Now you have two cream fillings: vanilla and matcha powder.
- Repeat the process with alternating vanilla and matcha layers until you use up the filling.
- Tap the mold on the counter a few times to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Loosely wrap with stretch film and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- You can store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is made by Maya Sozer from One Green Planet
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Gluten-Free Recipes with Matcha" that can be downloaded here.