Your summer will be great with this matcha mint juleps and perfectly paired with matcha snacks.
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 3/4 cup cool water
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh spearmint leaves, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons organic blonde cane sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- Place the matcha powder in a bowl, and gradually work in a tablespoon of the water drop by drop, stirring constantly, until the matcha is as smooth paste. Gradually stir in the rest of the water.
- Place the mint leaves and sugar in a jar or measuring pitcher, and mash with a muddler (or the back of a wooden spoon) until the sugar is dissolved and the leaves are bruised. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and all of the bourbon and the matcha mixture.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the mint to extract all the good stuff. Taste, adding more lemon if you feel the drink needs it, then pour into two ice-filled tumblers and garnish with a few mint leaves.
This recipe is made by Alanna from The Bojon Gourmet
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Drinks with Matcha" that can be downloaded here.