Do you like the green tea ice cream that you get at the Japanese restaurant after getting your sushi fix? Now you can replicate this unique ice cream at home! Best of all, you don’t need an ice cream machine or any other special equipment – this green tea ice cream recipe is created for a home cook!
- 1½ tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold from refrigerator
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk, cold from refrigerator
- Put water in a microwave-safe cup. Microwave for 20 seconds, or until hot.
- Put the matcha green tea powder in another cup, then pour hot water over it and stir. Let it cool.
- Put the heavy cream in a large bowl and whip with a mixer on High until stiff (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add the green tea mixture and the sweetened condensed milk to the whipped cream. Mix carefully with a spoon until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container and cover with foil or plastic wrap.
- Put the green tea ice cream in a freezer overnight (or for at least 6 hours).