Start your morning off right with this calming beverage, the vegan matcha latte.
- 3/4 cup macadamia nut or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste, optional
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat up both milks, bringing them to a scald ( just before boiling point). It should be steaming and hot to the touch.
- While milk heats, place matcha powder, maple syrup, and vanilla bean paste (if using) in the bottom of the mug. Add 1 tbsp of milk (it does not have to be hot) and whisk together using a matcha whisk until a thick, uniform paste has formed.
- Once the milk is hot, pour it into your mug and whisk again until the paste is completely and evenly dispersed into the milk.
- Transfer latte into a milk frother, and froth for 10 seconds. Return the latte to mug and enjoy!
This recipe is made by Sarah McMinn from My Darling Vegan
This recipe is a part of our "Top 10 Recipes with Starter Matcha" that can be downloaded here.